Stephanie McDermott focuses her practice on various tax-related matters, including with respect to joint ventures, mergers and acquisitions, private equity and other business transactions, as well as domestic wealth planning, with a particular focus on pass-through entities.
- Advised regarding tax aspects of various mergers and acquisitions, including acquisitions and sales of entities taxed as S corporations for federal income tax purposes
- Assisted in representation of public and private REITs, including with respect to REIT compliance, acquisitions and dispositions and real estate joint ventures
- Best Lawyers in America® Ones to Watch, Tax Law (2021-present)
- J.D., cum laude, Washington University in St. Louis School of Law, 2013
- Bachelor of Arts (BA) in English with a minor in Chinese, Washington University in St. Louis, 2009