525 B Street, Suite 2200
San Diego, CA 92101
Ryan represents clients in areas of litigation with a focus on corporate and commercial litigation and appellate representation. He is experienced in all aspects of business and civil litigation, contract disputes, unfair business practices, employment matters, and complex litigation. He has represented clients in partnership disputes, corporate governance disputes, insurance/bad faith matters, and trade secret matters.
Ryan is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Courts in the Northern, Southern, Eastern, and Central Districts of California, the U.S. District Court for the District of Arizona, and the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit.
- Co-represented a municipality in the prosecution of a significant insurance coverage and bad faith litigation against a national insurer, resulting in a substantial settlement in favor of the municipality mid-trial.
- Successfully briefed and argued before the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit, obtaining a reversal for the client
- Successfully argued multiple appeals before the California Courts of Appeal
- Successfully obtained preliminary and permanent injunctive relief in trade secret litigation
- Obtained a favorable arbitration award on behalf of a contractor, and successfully defended against counterclaims in the same arbitration
- Represented employers and former employees in trade secret misappropriation litigation
- Represented policy holders in insurance coverage/bad faith litigation
- Represented general contractors, subcontractors, and material suppliers in contract, payment, and mechanics' lien disputes
- San Diego Super Lawyers® Rising Star - 2015-2017 (Business Litigation)
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers – Leadership Development Committee Co-Chair (2016)
- American Inns of Court, William B. Enright Chapter – Barrister
- San Diego County Bar Association – Appellate Court Section, Civil Litigation Section, Construction Law Section, Insurance/Bad Faith Law Section
- Federal Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- JD, University of San Diego School of Law, (Appellate Moot Court Executive Board Member)
- BA, University of California, San Diego
- Sistrunk, Jeff. “3 Important Insurance Appeals To Watch In December,” Law 360, November 27, 2018.