525 B Street, Suite 2200
San Diego, CA 92101
Irvine, CA 92618
Rosie Kim is a Senior Associate whose practice focuses on all areas of intellectual property law. She prepares and prosecutes domestic and international patent applications across numerous technologies, including medical devices, consumer devices, image recognition technologies, ophthalmic formulations and devices, and pharmaceuticals. Beyond patent prosecution, she prepares, prosecutes and enforces trademark portfolios, and represents clients in enforcing their intellectual property rights before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office Trial and Appeal Boards. Rosie regularly works with associates throughout the world to obtain intellectual property protection for clients internationally, and handles transactional matters such as negotiating and drafting agreements.
- Managed several large intellectual property portfolios, and counseled clients in matters relating to dispute resolution, portfolio development, contracts, and enforcement of IP rights U.S. and foreign markets.
- Filed and prosecuted hundreds of U.S. patent and trademark applications.
- Worked with associates in several countries to obtain foreign patents and trademark registrations for U.S. clients.
- Successfully settled various intellectual property disputes.
- Successfully appealed patent applications with the PTAB.
- Drafted various agreements, including licensing, manufacturing, employment, and independent contractor agreements.
- Worked closely with senior patent agents in successfully prosecuting a patent portfolio for a client later acquired by a large global pharmaceutical corporation.
- Orange County Lavender Bar Association - Board Member
- JD, UCLA School of Law, 2011
- JD, Candidate, Boston University School of Law, 2009
- BA, Biology, California State University, Northridge, 2007
- Co-author with Pattric J. Rawlins. “What Errors Are Correctable? Intent-To-Use Trademark Applications, Part Three,” September 12, 2018.
- Co-author with Pattric J. Rawlins. “Is Your Trademark Application Assignment Proper? Intent-To-Use Trademark Applications, Part Two,” August 7, 2018.
- Co-author with Pattric J. Rawlins. "Is Your Intent to Use Bona Fide? Intent-to-Use Trademark Applications, Part One." July 16, 2018.