525 B Street, Suite 2200
San Diego, CA 92101
Rebecca is a litigation attorney who represents clients in real estate, land use and complex business litigation cases. Rebecca represents developers and landowners in connection with disputes arising out of the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), the California Coastal Act and other challenges to agency development approvals. Rebecca also represents clients in a wide variety of real estate related disputes including those arising from boundary lines, easements, covenants and restrictions, deeds, purchase and sale agreements, commercial leases and claims for adverse possession, prescriptive easements and inverse condemnation. Rebecca also handles complex business litigation cases, including shareholder derivative claims, contracts, breach of fiduciary duty and deceit torts.
- Represented clients in complex breach of contract and fraud case resulting in a multimillion-dollar judgment for clients
- Served as lead trial counsel for Plaintiff prevailing on all contract and fraud claims resulting in an award of all compensatory damages with prejudgment interest
- Defended CEQA writ litigation challenging City’s CEQA exemption determination resulting in judgment in favor of client
- Successfully represented clients in three trials defending fraudulent conveyance and fraud claims, defending wrongful death and premises liability claims, and prosecuting breach of fiduciary duty and fraud claims
- Successfully briefed four appeals before the California Court of Appeal, Fourth District Division 1, one of which resulted in the published decision Morgan v. Beaumont Police Department (2016) 246 Cal. App. 4th 144.
- “Best of the Bar” San Diego Business Journal-2015
- The Louis M. Welsh American Inn of Court (Barrister)
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers (ABTL)
- Lawyers Club of San Diego
- JD, California Western School of Law, 2004
- BA, Vanguard University, 2000
- McKenzie, Victoria. “Feds Try To Kill Suit Over Tribal Wind Energy Project,” Law360, July 8, 2021.
- McKenzie, Victoria. "Tribe Says Calif. Wind Farm Dispute Threatens Its Sovereignty," Law360, June 18, 2021.
- York, Tom. "Six Attorneys From San Diego Law Firm Procopio Elevated to Partner Status," Times of San Diego, January 11, 2021.
- “Shifting Expert Fees in Contract Litigation,” ABTL Report, Fall, 2016