Nicholas Kawuka is an Associate on Procopio’s Labor & Employment Law team. He represents employers in all types of employment litigation, including wage and hour class and representative actions and individual lawsuits for wrongful termination, harassment, discrimination, and trade secret misappropriation. Nicholas also counsels clients on day-to-day employment, privacy and data security matters.
- Represented trade show display company in trade secret and unfair competition litigation against former business partner and shareholder, obtaining favorable settlement for client.
- Represented household telecommunications company in investigation by governmental authorities involving privacy and security of consumer data.
- 2014 Pro Bono Award – Procopio, Cory, Hargreaves & Savitch LLP
- Escondido Charitable Foundation – Founding Member
- LLM, University of San Diego School of Law
- LLB (Hons), Makerere University, Kampala, Uganda
- Author. "Even More Stringent Consumer Privacy Restrictions May Be Imposed on Businesses Operating in California," August 12, 2020.
- Author. “California Passes Landmark Consumer Privacy Law: What You Need to Know Now,” June 29, 2018.