1117 S California Ave, Suite 200
Palo Alto, CA 94304
Michael C. Jones prepares and prosecutes applications relating to semi-conductor, electrical and mechanical arts in the areas of display devices, medical imaging, image processing, tire technology and sports equipment. Mike’s practice focuses on prosecuting applications directed to network and database management software, network infrastructure, multimedia distribution systems, memory storage devices, data encryption and decryption, mobile communications and semi-conductor devices and microelectromechanical sensors. He is also experienced in drafting applications in the fields of image processing, video archiving, medical diagnostic equipment, industrial processing equipment and hard disk drives.
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- JD, DePaul University College of Law, 2007
- BS (Mechanical Engineering), University of Nevada, Reno, 2004
- Scurria, Andrew. “Procopio Hires 5 IP Pros to Plant Flag in Silicon Valley,” Law 360, November 27, 2012.
- “Procopio adds 5 Silicon Valley attorneys,” The Daily Transcript, November 26, 2012.
- “Procopio Continues to Grow – Expands in Silicon Valley,” Legal Netlink Alliance, November 26, 2012.
- “New Supreme Court Decisions: Analyzing June 2, 2014 Nautilus v. Biosig and Limelight v. Akamai as Decided by the Supreme Court,” West LegalEdcenter, Webinar, June 11, 2014.
- “2014 IP Cases at the Supreme Court: Overview and Focus - Boston Scientific v. Medtronic (decided) and Alice v. CLS Bank (pending),” West LegalEdcenter, Webinar, April 22, 2014.
- “Getting More Out of Your Portfolio Using Design Patents,” Patent Prosecution Bootcamp, IP Counsel Café, Palo Alto, CA, April 4, 2014.
- “Understanding the New USPTO Final and Proposed Rules on PLT and the Hague Agreement,” West LegalEdcenter, Webinar, March 13, 2014.
- “2013 Patent News in Review, and Looking at 2014,” West LegalEdcenter, Webinar, December 9, 2013.
- “Legislative Efforts to Curb Patent Litigation,” West LegalEdcenter, Webinar, September 12, 2013.
- “Using Invents Act to Entrepreneurs Advantage: Tips and Techniques for Obtaining IP Protection under the America Invents Act (AIA),” Health 2.0 Silicon Valley Meetup, Sunnyvale, CA, August 20, 2013.
- “Navigating the Muddy Waters of Software Patent Eligibility under 35 USC 101: CLS Bank v. Alice Corp.” West LegalEdcenter, Webinar, August 6, 2013.
- “Patent Exhaustion after Bowman v. Monsanto,” West LegalEdcenter, Webinar, July 9, 2013.
- “Patent Drafting and Prosecution Issues and Tips Under the New AIA Rules”, West LegalEdcenter, Webinar, May 15, 2013.
- “How the AIA Changes Novelty and the New Grace Period,” Patent Prosecution Bootcamp, IP Counsel Café, Palo Alto, CA, April 25, 2013.
- “How the AIA Changes Novelty and the New Grace Period,” Prosecution Bootcamp, IP Counsel Café, Palo Alto, CA, April 20, 2012.
- Co-author. “U.S. Commerce Department Bans Export of Certain Self-Driving Vehicle Software,” January 6, 2020.
- Co-author. "U.S. Limits and Extends Temporary General Export License Related to Huawei Technologies," August 20, 2019.
- Co-author. “Next Steps for Companies Following the Latest U.S. Government Export Ban,” May 31, 2019.
- “Key Elements to an Effective Export Control Compliance Program,” March 20, 2019.
- "USPTO Proposes Requirement of U.S. - Licensed Attorney for Foreign Trademark Applicants and Registrants," February 19, 2019.
- “New Export License Conditions Have Been Imposed by the U.S. Government: What You Need to Know,” August 23, 2018.
- "6 Things Any Entrepreneur Should Know About Export Controls," September 19, 2017.