12544 High Bluff Drive, Suite 400
San Diego, CA 92130
Lana Turpie counsels clients on a variety intellectual property and technology transactions. Lana’s practice focuses on the licensing and protection of technology and related intellectual property. Her experience in these areas includes drafting and negotiating commercial and intellectual property agreements such as licensing agreements, strategic alliances and joint ventures, R&D collaborations, manufacturing and distribution agreements, and purchase and supply agreements. Lana also counsels clients on performing intellectual property due diligence of target companies in technology transactions, including joint ventures, divestitures, collaborations, and mergers and acquisitions. She also represents clients on general corporate matters, corporate governance, data privacy, and regulatory compliance relating to international transactions, including navigating the requirements of The Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS).
- Represented multiple companies with reviewing, negotiating, and drafting vendor agreements for services, software, and other products.
- Represented soils and construction materials firm in its $14M sale to a larger competitor.
- Represented the largest privately held nursing company in its $40M acquisition of a national provider of healthcare workforce solutions.
- Represented medical supply company in its $160M sale to a leading healthcare private equity firm.
- Represented behavioral health company in its $33M sale to a leading private equity construction firm.
- Represented multiple venture capital firms, angels and strategic investors in early-stage investments.
- Represented LED-manufacturing company in acquisition by a private equity firm.
- Represented solar technology company in multiple private equity financings.
- Lawyers Club of San Diego - Member
- San Diego County Bar Association - Member
- InfraGard - Member
- JD, New England School of Law, 2011
- BA, Suffolk University, 2006
- “Procopio advises in AI company’s sale to global info business,” LA Daily Journal, August 20, 2019.
- “Exact Sciences Buy Biomatrica with Help from Procopio, Reed Smith,” San Diego Daily Transcript, October 30, 2018.