Kia R. Brady counsels clients on a wide range of general real estate transactions, which relate to acquiring, developing and disposing of retail, commercial, residential and industrial real property; negotiating and drafting commercial leases and easements; and preparing homebuyer purchase documentation for subdivided land projects. Mrs. Brady is well experienced in forming homeowner associations for subdivided land projects and obtaining public reports from the California Department of Real Estate.
- Negotiation and drafting development agreements, lease agreements and purchase and sale agreements for multi-national “big box” retailer relating to development of retail stores throughout Southern California.
- Prepare joint use agreements and reciprocal easement agreements for commercial, industrial and/or residential projects and prepare purchase and sale agreements for office condominiums.
- Prepare CC&Rs and supplemental project documents for residential condominium, standard subdivisions and master planned development projects that contemplate partial development by guest builders.
- Drafted shop leases for landlord owning an approximate 133,000 SF shopping center in Riverside County, California.
- Conducted extensive due diligence including review of title, survey and existing shop leases and drafted shop lease amendments in connection with client acquisition of an approximate 200,000 SF shopping center in Oakland, California.
- National Bar Association - “Top 40 Under 40 - Nation’s Best Advocates” - 2018-2019
- Recipient of San Diego Business Journal’s Best of the Bar 2016
- California State Bar, Member
- Lawyers Club, Member
- The Links Inc. (Links to Stem Program), Volunteer
- San Diego County Bar Association, Member
- Earl B. Gilliam Bar Association, Board Member
- Arrowhead United Way, Past Board Member
- JD, University of Southern California Law School, 2005
- BA, University of California, Berkeley, 2002
- Lawyer’s Club Annual General Counsel Luncheon, San Diego, June 15, 2017.
- Moderator. Round Table for California Minority Counsel’s “Step Up” Program, San Diego, March 30, 2017.
- “New Inspection Requirements Imposed on Some Multi-Family Building Owners,” December 12, 2018.