12544 High Bluff Drive, Suite 400
San Diego, CA 92130
Kasia Biernacki is Of Counsel with Procopio’s Capital Markets and Securities and Mergers & Acquisitions and Strategic Joint Ventures groups. Kasia is an experienced corporate and securities lawyer who has spent close to 25 years working with public and private companies on a wide range of transactional and counseling related matters.
Kasia represents private and public companies in corporate and securities matters, including private financings, public offerings, M&A, joint ventures, corporate governance matters, commercial contract negotiations, licensing matters, Securities and Exchange Commission reporting and compliance, and employment and compensation arrangements. She also advises venture capital and private equity funds in connection with financings and other transactions.
Kasia has served as counsel to companies in diverse industries, including biotechnology, life sciences, medical device, telecommunications, manufacturing, retail, hardware, software, information technology, internet and SaaS. She has also served as in-house legal counsel to companies in diagnostics, telecommunications, consulting, retail, manufacturing services, software and SaaS. Her clients have ranged from startups to public companies with hundreds of millions of dollars in annual revenues.
Kasia prides herself on the ability to deliver legal counsel in a pragmatic, business-oriented way that advances her clients’ objectives.
- Served as Corporate Counsel to PacketVideo Corporation on general corporate matters, corporate governance, M&A, commercial contracts, software licensing, and over $100 million in private financings.
- Served as Assistant General Counsel to Hologic, Inc. (formerly Gen-Probe Incorporated) on general corporate matters, corporate governance, M&A, SEC compliance, commercial contracts, licensing matters, and investor relations.
- Served as General Counsel for BevMo on general corporate and commercial matters.
- Served as General Counsel for Semtek Innovative Solutions Corp., an endpoint encryption solution company, on general corporate matters, commercial matters, licensing matters, and on Semtek’s sale to VeriFone.
- Served as General Counsel for FMG Suite, Inc., the category leader in cloud-based marketing automation for financial services professionals on general corporate matters and commercial matters, intellectual property matters, privacy and cyber security matters, M&A, licensing matters, including negotiation of FMG’s license of Vestorly, Inc.’s Artificial Intelligence (AI) driven software, and on FMG’s sale to Aurora Capital Partners.
- Serves as General Counsel for SMTC Corporation (formerly Nasdaq: SMTX) on general corporate matters, corporate governance, M&A, SEC compliance, commercial contracts, manufacturing agreements, facility lease negotiations, debt financings, equipment loan financings, international subsidiary management, intellectual property matters, privacy and cyber security matters, licensing matters, investor relations, and SMTC’s $172 million sale to private equity firm.
- San Diego Bar Association
- State Bar of California
- St. Germaine Children's Charity, Executive Board Member, 2011 – 2020
- Juris Doctor, American University Washington College of Law, 1998
- Bachelor of Arts in Political Science with Honors; International Relations Emphasis, UC Irvine, 1994
- Bachelor of Arts in Social Ecology; Criminal Justice Emphasis, UC Irvine, 1994