Justine K. Nielsen represents private entities and public interest groups on a variety of land use, planning and entitlement matters throughout various stages of the real estate development process and municipal law. She also focuses on due diligence prior to acquisition, assisting with adopting and amending general plans, community plans, entitlements, drafting development agreements, easements, memorandums, and issues pertaining to the Coastal Act, the Subdivision Map Act and other related statutes. She also assists clients in reviewing and drafting land use ordinances permit findings, and similar land use regulatory documents.
- Represented large retail developer in obtaining land use approvals for redevelopment of portion of large regional shopping center in UTC.
- Represented large multi-family developer in obtaining land use entitlements and CEQA approvals for large mixed-use project in Mission Valley.
- Represented developer in obtaining land use entitlements and CEQA approvals for controversial shopping center project in San Diego County.
- Represented social services organization in obtaining land use entitlements for transitional housing facility in City of San Diego.
- Advised large multi-family joint venture in land use entitlement issues related to large mixed-use project located Downtown.
- Downtown San Diego Partnership - Board of Directors
- San Diego County Taxpayers Association - Board of Directors
- Urban Land Institute - Board Member & Chair of Young Leaders Group
- City of San Diego - Code Monitoring Team Member
- Navajo Community Planners - Board Member
- JD, California Western School of Law, 2009
- BA, San Diego State University, 2006
- Jolly, Vik. “SDBJ Insider: Book Offers Advice From a Woman Who’s Been There,” San Diego Business Journal, February 17, 2019.“Procopio Elevates Pair of Lawyers To Partnership,” The Daily Transcript, January 14, 2019.
- Reuter, Elise. “Two Procopio Attorneys Promoted to Partner,” San Diego Business Journal Online, January 13, 2019.
- Armao, Mark. “City Revamps Incentive Program,” San Diego Daily Transcript, August 6, 2018.
- Wilson, Jay. "Del Cerro Action Council News," Mission Times Courier, October 20, 2017.
- Co-author. "2019 Finds Commercial and Residential Real Estate Owners Under New Laws and Regulations," January 29, 2019.
- Co-author. “Thinking of Relocating Your Business? The City of San Diego May Pay You to Stay,” Attorney Journal, San Diego, Volume 181, 2018.
- Co-author. “Thinking of Relocating Your Business? The City of San Diego May Pay You To Stay,” July 26, 2018.
- Co-author. Identifying Financially Feasible Community Oriented Development Opportunities at Mid-City Transit Hubs, April 2016
- Author. San Diego Rescue Mission Young Leaders Pro Bono TAP, April 2015
- Author. What’s at Stake in Barrio Logan, Voice of San Diego, August 2013