Justine K. Nielsen represents private entities and public interest groups on a variety of land use, planning and entitlement matters throughout various stages of the real estate development process. She also focuses on due diligence prior to acquisition, assisting with adopting and amending general plans, community plans, entitlements, drafting development agreements, easements, memorandums, and issues pertaining to the Coastal Act, the Subdivision Map Act and other related statutes. She also assists clients in reviewing and drafting land use ordinances, permit findings, and similar land use regulatory documents.
- Downtown San Diego Partnership- Board of Directors
- San Diego County Taxpayers Association - Board of Directors - 2019
- Urban Land Institute - Board Member & Chair of Young Leaders Group
- City of San Diego - Code Monitoring Team Member
- Navajo Community Planners - Board Member
- Thrive Public Schools Foundation - Board Member
- JD, California Western School of Law, 2009
- BA, San Diego State University, 2006
- Armao, Mark. “City Revamps Incentive Program,” San Diego Daily Transcript, August 6, 2018.
- Wilson, Jay. "Del Cerro Action Council News," Mission Times Courier, October 20, 2017.
- Co-author. “Thinking of Relocating Your Business? The City of San Diego May Pay You to Stay,” Attorney Journal, San Diego, Volume 181, 2018.
- Co-author. “Thinking of Relocating Your Business? The City of San Diego May Pay You To Stay,” July 26, 2018.
- Co-author. Identifying Financially Feasible Community Oriented Development Opportunities at Mid-City Transit Hubs, April 2016
- Author. San Diego Rescue Mission Young Leaders Pro Bono TAP, April 2015
- Author. What’s at Stake in Barrio Logan, Voice of San Diego, August 2013