Julian’s practice focuses on providing legal counseling and representation in the healthcare field. Julian currently provides legal counsel to hospitals, medical staffs, and physician groups throughout California and represents clients in judicial review hearings and civil lawsuits. As part of his practice, Julian regularly represents medical staffs with issues related to quality improvement, bylaws, policies and procedures, credentialing and privileging, regulatory agency investigations, and peer review. This includes managing issues presented by clients on a day to day basis, providing support for investigations and reviews of practitioners with clinical and behavioral issues, counseling and assisting in the medical staff decision making process, and representing clients throughout the judicial review hearing process. Julian is also experienced in drafting policies and agreements to facilitate regulatory compliance and adopt changes in organizational structure.
Prior to joining Procopio, Julian primarily represented healthcare professionals in medical/dental malpractice and licensure matters. He also currently serves as an Adjunct Professor of Law for the University of San Diego School of Law teaching a seminar course on Medical Malpractice.
- American Health Lawyers Association
- California Association Medical Staff Services
- National Association Medical Staff Services
- California Society for Healthcare Attorneys
- San Diego County Bar Association
- JD, University of Southern California Law School, 2013
- BS, University of Southern California, 2010
- “HIPAA: Disclosure of PHI during the COVID-19 Pandemic,” March 18, 2020.