John Y. Lee counsels clients in a broad range of tax matters. John’s practice focuses on tax controversy, partnership and corporate taxation, and local property tax issues. He has extensive experience in acquisitions, dispositions, financing of multifamily and commercial properties, and commercial leasing.
- Counsels US companies and individuals regarding the acquisition and disposition of commercial and residential real properties.
- Counsels landlords and tenants in connection with commercial leasing matters.
- Represents borrowers in real estate secured loan transactions and financing.
- Counsels clients with respect to federal, state and municipal tax matters, including tax controversy, entity structure and formation and property tax issues.
- USD CALI Award (International Tax)
- American Bar Association – Tax and Real Estate Sections
- San Diego County Bar Association
- Los Angeles County Bar Association
- Korean American Bar Association
- Volunteer – San Diego Volunteer Lawyer Program
- L.L.M. (Taxation), University of San Diego School of Law, 2014
- JD, University of San Diego School of Law, 2012 (San Diego International Law Journal - Member)
- BA (International Studies/Linguistics and minor in East Asian History, University of California, San Diego, 2008