John C. Lee counsels clients on corporate and securities, as well as finance, restructuring and bankruptcy. John’s practice focuses on tax-exempt bond financing and commercial lending transactions, mergers and acquisitions and federal and state securities regulation. He is also experienced in representing other business-related matters, including debt financing transactions, digital media and marketing and aerospace engineering.
- Represented financial institutions in connection with commercial lending and tax-exempt bond financing transactions for both non-profit and for-profit borrowers.
- Represented corporate borrowers in connection with various debt financing transactions with commercial banks and private equity funds.
- Represented a digital advertising and marketing agency in its sale to a strategic acquiror.
- Represented the sellers of an aerospace engineering company to a strategic acquiror.
- Represented venture-backed companies in successive rounds of debt and equity financing.
- Represented a publicly traded wireless telecommunications equipment manufacturer in numerous PIPES financing transactions and federal and state securities law compliance.
- American Bar Association
- The State Bar of California
- San Diego County Bar Association
- JD, University of Pennsylvania Law School, 2001
- AB, Dartmouth College, cum laude, 1998