Jessica L. Lazur is a Partner with Procopio. Her corporate practice focuses on mergers and acquisitions and the representation of companies in their formation and organization, debt and equity financings, securities filings and general corporate matters. Jessica represents public and private companies in a variety of buy-side and sell-side M&A transactions including statutory mergers, stock acquisitions, tender offers, share exchange offers and cross-border acquisitions. She also represents aircraft purchasers and sellers throughout transactions, including assisting buyers in obtaining California sales and use tax exemptions. In addition, Jessica represents pro bono clients, including non-profit corporations, and volunteers her time for non-profit causes.
Prior to joining Procopio, Jessica was an associate at a top international law firm in San Diego, where she handled complex M&A and corporate transactions for a wide spectrum of clients. During law school, Jessica served as the Developments Editor of the NYU Journal of International Law and Politics and interned for an immigration advocacy organization in Washington DC.
- Represented seminar-based education business in its majority sale to a large private equity fund at an enterprise value of $43M.
- Represented provider of electric utility billing & data management services, energy portfolio management, and energy procurement strategies in its sale to a leading private equity firm.
- Represented Italian biotech company in significant licensing/stock deal with NASDAQ biopharma company.
- Represented NASDAQ pharmaceutical software company in acquisition of clinical trial data analysis company.
- Represented technology company in its $30M acquisition by a private equity fund.
- Represented transportation company in its $27M acquisition by a private equity fund.
- Represented NYSE-listed entertainment company in the sale of the company in a cash and stock merger valued at over $4B.
- Represented NASDAQ-listed semiconductor company in its $180M acquisition of private semiconductor company.
- Represented a biofuels company in its Series D Preferred Stock Financing and subsequent joint venture to finance and develop biorefineries.
- Represented a San Diego-based venture capital fund and certain of its portfolio companies in various equity and debt financings having an aggregate value in excess of $20M.
- Represented a Silicon Valley-based semiconductor company in its strategic collaboration with and option to acquire a private company.
- Represented a San Diego-based hardware company in its initial bid to acquire a group of affiliated companies in China and its subsequent $213M acquisition via cash tender offer by a NYSE-traded company.
- Represented dozens of purchasers of aircraft in qualifying for exemptions from the California sales and use tax.
- Represented purchasers and sellers in aircraft acquisition transactions.
- Represented aircraft owner in insurance claims, and consummation of sale, in connection with damage sustained to aircraft immediately prior to sale.
• San Diego Business Journal Leaders in Law, 2020 finalist
- Association of Corporate Growth - NextGen
- San Diego Sport Innovators - Advisory Council
- Anti-Defamation League of San Diego – Board of Directors
- Hillel of San Diego – Board of Directors (2012-2018)
- JD, New York University School of Law, 2007
- BS (International Politics), Georgetown University – Edmund A. Walsh School of Foreign Service, 2004
- York, Tom. "Six Attorneys From San Diego Law Firm Procopio Elevated to Partner Status," Times of San Diego, January 11, 2021.
- “2020 Leaders in Law Finalists,” San Diego Business Journal, November 9, 2020.
- “Procopio advises in AI company’s sale to global info business,” LA Daily Journal, August 20, 2019.
- Dan Heching, Gina Kim and Melanie Brisbon. “Exactech acquires XpandOrtho, with help from Procopio,” San Diego Daily Transcript, March 19, 2019.
- “M&A: One Stop Systems Buys German Tech Supplier with Help from Procopio," San Diego Daily Transcript, November 20, 2018.
- “M&A: Procopio Tapped for Solana Biosciences’ Sale to Inscripta” The Daily Transcript, September 11, 2018.
- Dominic Fracassa. “Procopio represents Italian drugmaker in sale to Salix,” Daily Journal, July 11, 2014.
- Co-presenter. “Deal Or No Deal? M&A Workshop,” February 25, 2021.
- Author. “How to Avoid California Tax Burdens When Purchasing an Aircraft: Interstate and Foreign Commerce Exemption,” February 11, 2020.