Jeff's construction practice includes the prosecution and defense of claims arising out of public and private construction projects. He represents owners, general contractors and subcontractors in claims involving construction and material defects, improper or non-conforming work, extra work, changed conditions, warranty, delay, disruption, acceleration, contract interpretation, mechanic's liens, stop notice and payment/performance bonds. Outside of the construction arena, Jeff handles all aspects of business and commercial litigation, including drug and medical device products liability, claims involving commercial and residential real estate, federal tax refunds, breach of contract, breach of fiduciary duty, fraud and professional liability.
Jeff has extensive experience serving as lead counsel in both jury and bench trials, binding arbitrations and mediations. He is admitted to practice law before all California State Courts, the US District Court for the Southern District of California, the US Court of Federal Claims and the US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit.
- Represented landlord in prosecution of breach of lease and guaranty action.
- Represented general contractors in prosecution of extra work and delay claims on private mixed-use projects.
- Defended subcontractor in payment bond dispute on public highway project.
- Represented general contractor against public agency in prosecution of extra work claims on public highway project.
- Defended general contractor in extra work claim by subcontractor on public reservoir project.
- Defended general contractor in extra work claim by subcontractor on campus telecommunications upgrade.
- Represented subcontractor in prosecution of extra work claims on historic hotel renovation project.
- Represented general contractor in prosecution of mechanic's lien and extra work claims on affordable housing development.
- Defended ATV ramp manufacturer in product liability/personal injury action.
- Defended transportation company in personal injury/negligence action.
- Represented property owner against appraiser in prosecution of professional negligence action.
- Represented ousted limited liability company member in prosecution of breach of fiduciary duty action against former members.
- Represented nonresident in prosecution of federal tax refund claim.
- Represented insured in prosecution of coverage/bad faith action against insurance company.
- Defended title company in professional liability/fraud action.
- Defended businesses and executives in trade secret misappropriation matters.
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent Rating
- San Diego Super Lawyers®, 2014-2018 (Construction Litigation)
- The Daily Transcript Top Attorneys, 2011, 2015 (Real Estate & Construction Litigation)
- “Top Lawyers,” San Diego Magazine, 2015-2018
- “Southern California Super Lawyers,” Super Lawyers Magazine, Southern California 2014
- American Bar Association – Forum on the Construction Industry
- The State Bar of California
- Youth Baseball and Soccer – Volunteer Coach
- JD, University of San Diego School of Law
- BS (Business Administration), University of California, Riverside
- Reynolds, Kylle. “On the Move,” Daily Journal, February 24, 2014
- “Daily Business Report,” San Diego Metro Magazine, February 19, 2014
Jeff is a recurring guest lecturer on construction law for San Diego State University's graduate program in Construction Engineering and Management.
- "Should You Really Hit 'Send' On That Email?" September 25, 2017.