Gladys Orozco counsels clients in a variety of industries with their litigation and international corporate matters.
She is licensed to practice in Mexico; her transactional work includes legal advice on formation of cross-border ventures, complex financial transactions, mergers and acquisitions, contracts and tax planning for worldwide income with an emphasis on Mexico and the US. She provides comprehensive legal advice to assist clients with their day-to- day business and philanthropic ventures.
Gladys also works alongside US attorneys to represent and assist multinational clients in commercial disputes, court proceedings and arbitration. Her practice is broad, dealing with corporate issues often involving cross-border elements.
Gladys provides her clients with sophisticated legal advice with a human touch. Her goal is to provide a custom course of action to each client with strategies tailored to that person or business’ specific needs and objectives, while maintaining high-quality services, first-class engagement, flexibility, loyalty and fairness.
- Assist Mexican clients involved in litigation, mediation or arbitration in the US with discovery process, pleadings, declarations, motions, briefs and ex-parte.
- Advice clients regarding validity and enforceability of contracts, judgments issued by Mexican courts, public deed (“escrituras publicas”) and trust (“fideicomisos”).
- Assist clients seeking international judicial cooperation from Mexican authorities through Letters Rogatory.
- Help clients to set up their operations in Mexico, including incorporation of Mexican subsidiary, procurement of all necessary permits, due diligence, labor review, contracts and related matters.
- Represent clients on commercial and residential real estate transactions in Mexico, including drafting purchase and sale agreements, due diligence, title search and creation of title trusts.
- In Mexico she has handled all aspects of corporate law including start-ups, drafting meeting minutes, preparing powers of attorney, drafting and negotiating contracts, helped foreign clients obtaining immigration visas.
- Represented employers before the Labor Board and the Secretary of Labor in Mexico.
- Handled of a wide array of aspects related with foreign investment also in Mexico.
- ANADE Baja California, 2010-Present
- CLA International Section, 2018-Present
- University of Pittsburgh, Introduction to US Legal System for Foreign Lawyers, 2007
- Universidad Pontificia de Comillas – Spain, Master Degree in Business Legal Advice, 2005-2006
- Universidad Iberoamericana - Mexico, Licensed Attorney at Law – magna cum laude, 2000-2004