Gerald P. Kennedy has counseled clients in matters concerning aviation, corporate and commercial litigation, as well as finance, restructuring and bankruptcy. Gary’s practice focuses on insolvency, equity and rent receiverships, and civil litigation. He also specializes in representing bankruptcy trustees, landlords, asset managers, receivers, property managers and borrowers in loan workouts.
- Involved in major bankruptcy reorganization cases and complex litigation involving those proceedings.
- Represented bankruptcy trustees, landlords, asset managers, receivers, property managers and borrowers in loan workouts, equity and rent receiverships and judicial foreclosures.
- Advises both mezzanine lender and borrowers/developers concerning their respective rights and remedies, and is involved in loan-workouts.
- Handled public and private foreclosures of personal property collateral under the UCC, including limited liability membership interests, partnership interests, and aircraft.
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2020-present (Bankruptcy and Creditor Debtor Rights, Insolvency-Reorganization Law)
- 2019 West Coast Top Rated Lawyers, ALM
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent Rating
- “Top Lawyers,” San Diego Magazine, 2013-present
- Rotary Club of Coronado
- JD, University of San Diego School of Law, 1982
- BA , California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo, 1979
- Panelist. "What Providers of Goods Should Know About Purchase Money Security Interests and Reclamation Claims," October 8, 2020.