George “Jody” L. Root Jr. represents a wide variety of matters pertaining to health care. Jody’s practice focuses on the formation of integrated delivery systems, county operated health systems, nonprofit organizations, health care districts, medical staff relations and mental health law. He also has extensive experience in provider relationships with third-party payors, medical groups and independent physician associations.
- Represented multiple companies on how to conduct business under California's corporate practice of medicine laws.
- Facilitated the affiliation of multiple provider organizations, e.g. hospitals, physician groups, clinics, etc.
- Advises stakeholders on the creation of a Community Information Exchange.
- Best Lawyers®, 2017 (Health Care Law), San Diego, CA
- Chambers USA: America's Leading Business Lawyers – Since 2003
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent Rating
- “Top Lawyers,” San Diego Magazine, 2013-2018
- “San Diego Super Lawyers,” Super Lawyers Magazine, San Diego 2007-2013 (Health Care)
- San Diego Best Lawyers Health Care Law Lawyer of the Year – 2012
- The Best Lawyers in America® – Since 2007 (Health Care Law)
- Healthcare Financial Management Association, San Diego/Imperial County Chapter – Past President
- San Diego County Bar Association – Mental Health Committee
- Healthy San Diego – Provider Advisory Committee Former Vice Chair
- Freedom Dogs – Chair
- SAY San Diego – Board Member
- JD, University of San Diego School of Law, cum laude, 1975
- BA, Syracuse University, 1969
- Harris, Kamala D. “Attorney General Eyes Health Systems,” San Diego Business Journal, September 24, 2012.
- “Healthcare Reform – Now What?” San Diego County Taxpayers Association Breakfast Club Forum, San Diego, CA, July 24, 2012.
- “Healthcare Regulatory Impact on Business Models: Are You Avoiding the Pitfalls?” San Diego, CA, March 22, 2012.