Eric is a Senior Associate and registered patent attorney and has represented clients in all areas of intellectual property law and has extensive experience in US and foreign patent preparation and prosecution in a broad range of technologies including inventions in semiconductor fabrication, lasers, light emitting diode lighting solutions, solid-state devices, integrated circuits, wireless communications, sports-related devices, and mechanical technologies. In addition to patent preparation and prosecution, Eric has experience in providing patent infringement and validity opinions, and other legal analyses.
- Represents sporting goods company and manages IP portfolio.
- Represented nationwide retailer in product design and product packaging clearance.
- Worked with counsel in foreign countries to secure patents in foreign jurisdictions.
- Southern California Super Lawyers® Rising Stars, 2020 (Intellectual Property)
- Mexican American Bar Association
- JD, Southwestern Law School, May 2008
- BS, Electrical Engineering, University of California Los Angeles, June 1998
- Kass, Dani. “IP Hires,” July 10, 2020.
- Berg, Lauren. "Procopio Boosts IP Practice in Calif. with 7 Arent Fox Attorneys," Law360, June 30, 2020.
- Stokes, Samantha. "Procopio Bolsters IP Team With 7-Attorney Group From Arent Fox," The Recorder (Law.com), June 30, 2020.