525 B Street, Suite 2200
San Diego, CA 92101
Eric A. Bernsen handles the preparation and prosecution of domestic and international applications for a wide variety of technologies. Eric’s practice focuses on electronics, semiconductors, software, computer networks, communications, wireless power, video coding, and gas turbine engine technology. He also has a broad range of experience in prosecution of applications for technologies involving, medical devices, radar, mechanical engineering, and aerodynamics. Eric manages significant domestic and international intellectual property portfolios for several small and large companies.
Eric is also a Commander in the US Navy Reserve and is the Commanding Officer of Helicopter Sea Combat Squadron THREE (HSC-3) Squadron Augment Unit. HSC-3 is a fleet helicopter training squadron at Naval Air Station, North Island, in San Diego. Eric served on active duty for over 10 years prior to law school and joining the Navy Reserve.
- United States Navy Reserve
- Thomas Jefferson School of Law Alumni Association, Board of Directors 2013 – 2016
- Entrepreneurs’ Organization of San Diego
- Veterans Bar Association
- JD, Thomas Jefferson School of Law, magna cum laude, 2012
- BS (Electrical Engineering), United States Naval Academy, cum laude, 1999
- “TJSL Alumni Video Series Episode Four Featuring Eric Bernsen ’12,” Thomas Jefferson School of Law, December 10, 2014.
- "How To Protect Your Startup Idea From Day One," YFS Magazine, January 6, 2017.