Denise Stich supports clients on a wide range of tax and client matters, including comprehensive estate planning, trust administration and probate matters. Denise is a retired U.S. Navy Captain in the Judge Advocate General’s Corps with command and senior headquarters experience. She has extensive knowledge of government agencies, ethics and regulatory compliance.
- Represented trustee and primary beneficiary of deceased spouse in resolving contentious division of community property estate involving family owned businesses.
- Represented client in resolving beneficiary claims against ex-spouse’s estate.
- Represented conservators and guardians of the person and the estate with appointments, accountings and change of conservatee’s or ward’s residence.
- Assisted personal representative in administration of large estate with over 20 beneficiaries.
- Wiley W. Manuel Certificate Award 2016 for Pro Bono Legal Service
- Estate Planning, Trust and Probate Law and Military Law Sections, San Diego County Bar Association
- PASD Handbook Committee, Probate Attorneys of San Diego
- Court Appointed Special Advocate, Voices for Children
- Board of Management, Armed Services YMCA of San Diego
- Volunteer Lawyer, Legal Aid Society of San Diego
- Master of Laws, International Law (Cum Laude), University of San Diego School of Law, 2000 - Enrolled in Masters of Laws, Taxation (expected graduation May 2020)
- J.D. (Summa Cum Laude), Santa Clara University School of Law, 1993
- B.S., English (with Distinction), United States Naval Academy, 1986
- San Diego Planning Partnership Educational Workshops on Estate Planning and Long-Term Care, presenter on “What is an Estate Plan?”