For more than 30 years, Dave's practice has focused on serving the construction industry, representing owners, developers, builders and design professionals in every phase of private and public construction, from initial planning through dispute resolution. He practices extensively on the transactional side, where he has structured, negotiated and drafted design and construction contracts for large projects throughout California and in the southwestern U.S.
Dave is admitted to practice in all state and federal courts in California, as well as in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 9th Circuit and the U.S. Court of Federal Claims.
Prior to joining Procopio, Dave was a principal at Ramseyer and Kuhlman, APLC.
- Contract Negotiation and Preparation
- Bid Disputes and Protests
- Public Works Contracting
- Payment Disputes
- Scope of Work Disputes
- Mechanic's Lien, Stop Notice and Bond Claims
- Acceleration and Delay Claims
- Performance Disputes
- Business and Real Estate Disputes
- Representation of Tribes in connection with design and construction contracts
- 2019 West Coast Top Rated Lawyers, ALM
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent Rating
- “Top Lawyers,” San Diego Magazine, 2013 - 2018
- San Diego Super Lawyers® – 2007 - 2010 (Construction Litigation)
- American Bar Association – Forum on the Construction Industry
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- Community Catalysts of California – Director
- San Diego County Bar Association
- JD, UCLA School of Law, Los Angeles, CA, 1983
- BA (Philosophy), Miami University, Oxford, OH, 1979, cum laude