Craig A. Ramseyer counsels clients on general business litigation, as well as construction law and litigation. Craig’s practice specializes in partnership disputes, alter ego liability and contractual disputes. He also has extensive experience in handling disputes arising in both public and private works of improvement, including contractual disputes, bid protests, mechanics liens, stop notice and payment bond claims, work out agreements, design professional errors, omissions and delays, disruption and inefficiency claims. Craig is admitted to practice in the U.S. District Court, the Central and Southern Districts of California, the U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit, U.S. Court of Federal Claims and the U.S. Supreme Court.
- Represented a general contractor on multiple school projects for Clark County School District.
- Represented a city on public library and sewer interceptor projects.
- Represented a surety company on take-over of low income housing project.
- Represented a condominium tower developer in suit against oil company for clean-up of contaminated soil and groundwater.
- Represented various contractors on public housing authority projects.
- Represented an owner in contract negotiations for Hyatt hotel construction.
- Represented a major water filtration systems supplier on various water treatment projects.
- Represented a national retailer on store construction.
- Represented multiple general contractors on various Caltrans projects.
- Defended a construction company officers and directors sued for alter ego.
- Represented a general contractor on high rise tower shoring collapse.
- Represented a general contractor on high rise glazing delay case.
- Represented a developer on high rise acceleration and extra work claims.
- Represented various general contractors in Court of Federal Claims cases.
- Defended multiple Federal False Claims Act cases.
- 2019 West Coast Top Rated Lawyers, ALM
- Best Lawyers in America® - Lawyer of the Year (Construction Law) in San Diego – 2019
- Best Lawyers in America® - Lawyer of the Year (Litigation-Construction and Construction Law) in San Diego –2 017
- Best Lawyers in America® - (Litigation-Construction and Construction Law) in San Diego, 2007-Present
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent Rating
- Super Lawyers for San Diego - (Construction Litigation), 2007-Present
- Super Lawyers Top 50 Attorneys in San Diego – 2008, 2010, 2011
- Top Lawyers, San Diego Magazine – (Construction), 2007-Present
- Who’s Who Legal for Construction Law, 2019
- Fellow - Construction Lawyers Society of America
- American Arbitration Association – Former Panel of Arbitrators
- American Bar Association – Forum on the Construction Industry
- San Diego Boys & Girls Clubs – Former Board Member
- Friends of Vista Hill – Former Board Member
- National Kidney Foundation, Inc. – Former Advisory Board Member
- PDK Foundation – Board of Directors
- The State Bar of California
- JD, University of San Diego School of Law, 1981 (San Diego Law Review Notes and Comments Editor)
- BA, Miami University, Oxford, OH, 1978
- Moran, Lyle. “Law Briefs,” The Daily Transcript, April 22, 2015.
- Panelist. “Innovative Ways to Avoid Construction Disputes – DRBs and Their Application,” U.S. Healthcare Project Delivery Conference, San Diego, CA, January 24, 2019.
- Presenter. “Navigating Insurance and Surety Law for Mixed Construction Claims and Defect Cases,” 2017 Construction SuperConference, Las Vegas, Nevada, December 6, 2017.
- Co-presenter. "The City Center Litigation: Strategies for Dealing with Mega-Project Litigation and Adapting Those Strategies for Smaller Cases,” 2015 Construction SuperConference, December 8, 2015.
- Panelist. "The Truth Shall Set You Free: Objectively Assessing Potential Disputes Will Save Time, Money, and Relationships," Construction SuperConference 2014, Las Vegas, NV, December 3, 2014.