12544 High Bluff Drive, Suite 400
San Diego, CA 92130
Las Vegas, NV 89135
- Capital Markets and Securities
- Emerging Growth and Venture Capital
- Mergers & Acquisitions and Strategic Joint Ventures
Christopher L. Tinen is the co-leader of Procopio’s Capital Markets and Securities practice group. His practice focuses on corporate and securities law representing public and private companies handling all aspects of securities law compliance, startup formation, and a wide array of financings including registered offerings, PIPEs and venture financings.
Prior to joining Procopio, Christopher was an associate at a boutique corporate law firm in Palo Alto, where he represented a wide range of technology startups in their corporate matters, formations and venture financings. During law school, Christopher served on the Executive Board of the Chapman Law Review.
- Represented Nasdaq software simulation company in its $115M public offering underwritten by Oppenheimer and Raymond James
- Represented clean energy software solutions company in its $40M public offering underwritten by HC Wainwright
- Advises small-cap OTC public companies on uplisting to Nasdaq and NYSE, including financings and corporate governance matters.
- Represents race horse syndication crowdfunding platform company in its ongoing Regulation A (Reg A) offering of Series LLC interests in excess of $10M
- Represented Nasdaq technology company in its $10M at-the-market follow-on public offering.
- Represented Mexico-based VC firm in its $7M Series A lead investment into Silicon-Valley-based SaaS analytics company.
- Represented high performance computing company in its $19.5M Initial Public Offering (IPO) and listing on Nasdaq.
- Represented publicly-traded m-commerce company in its multi-million dollar tranched S-3 shelf public offering
- Represents companies in Regulation CF “crowdfunding” offerings, as well as Rule 506(c) advertised offerings.
- Represented clean energy software solutions company in its $4M registered direct public offering with SEG
- Represented NASDAQ listed software company in its acquisition of French software company.
- Represented FINRA-registered broker-dealer in the roll-up of competing investment banking team, broker-dealer and RIA
- Represented publicly-traded m-commerce company in its $25M asset acquisition of Minnesota-based technology company
- Represented a high-speed wireless data delivery company in its Reg A offering.
- Represented publicly-traded thermal energy company in public shelf offering of up to $15M.
- Represented a Canadian FinTech company in its Regulation (Reg A) offering in the United States
- Represented an agriculture technology company in its Series C Preferred Stock Financing.
- Represented a Silicon Valley-based enterprise sales technology company in its Series B Preferred Stock Financing.
- Represented a Silicon Valley-based integrated healthcare technology company in its Series A Preferred Stock Financing.
- Represented an advertising technology company in its Series A Preferred Stock Financing.
- Represented an image search technology company in its sale to a major retailer.
- Represented Silicon Valley-based technology start-up companies in their formation and early-stage financings.
- Represents public companies in public and private financings, securities law compliance and related corporate matters.
- JD, Chapman University School of Law, 2011 (Chapman Law Review)
- BS (Finance), San Diego State University, with distinction, 2008
- “M&A: One Stop Systems Buys German Tech Supplier with Help from Procopio," San Diego Daily Transcript, November 20, 2018.
- Julie Bawden Davis. “Could a Nontraditional IPO Be Right For Your Company?” American Express Open Forum, April 13, 2018.
- “One Stop Systems Goes Public with Help from Procopio, Dickinson Wright,” San Diego Daily Transcript, February 6, 2018.
- “What California's New Law on Female Board Members May Mean For Your Public Company,” October 24, 2018.
- “Small-Cap Companies Gain Compliance Relief Under New SEC Rule Changes,” September 5, 2018.