12544 High Bluff Drive, Suite 400
San Diego, CA 92130
- Corporate and Securities
- Emerging Growth and Venture Capital
- Mergers & Acquisitions and Strategic Joint Ventures
Christopher L. Tinen’s practice focuses on corporate and securities law representing public and private companies handling all aspects of securities law compliance, startup formation, and a wide array of financings including registered offerings, PIPEs and venture financings.
Prior to joining Procopio, Christopher was an associate at a boutique corporate law firm in Palo Alto, where he represented a wide range of technology startups in their corporate matters, formations and venture financings. During law school, Christopher served on the Executive Board of the Chapman Law Review.
- Represented high-performance computing systems company in its NASDAQ initial public offering (IPO).
- Represented a high-speed wireless data delivery company in its Regulation A (Reg A) offering.
- Represented publicly-traded thermal energy company in public shelf offering of up to $15M.
- Represented an agriculture technology company in its Series C Preferred Stock Financing.
- Represented a Silicon Valley-based enterprise sales technology company in its Series B Preferred Stock Financing.
- Represented a Silicon Valley-based integrated healthcare technology company in its Series A Preferred Stock Financing.
- Represented an advertising technology company in its Series A Preferred Stock Financing.
- Represented an image search technology company in its sale to a major retailer.
- Represented Silicon Valley-based technology start-up companies in their formation and early-stage financings.
- Represented public companies in public and private financings, securities law compliance and related corporate matters.
- JD, Chapman University School of Law, 2011 (Chapman Law Review)
- BS (Finance), San Diego State University, with distinction, 2008
- “M&A: One Stop Systems Buys German Tech Supplier with Help from Procopio," San Diego Daily Transcript, November 20, 2018.
- Julie Bawden Davis. “Could a Nontraditional IPO Be Right For Your Company?” American Express Open Forum, April 13, 2018.
- “One Stop Systems Goes Public with Help from Procopio, Dickinson Wright,” San Diego Daily Transcript, February 6, 2018.
- “What California's New Law on Female Board Members May Mean For Your Public Company,” October 24, 2018.
- “Small-Cap Companies Gain Compliance Relief Under New SEC Rule Changes,” September 5, 2018.