525 B Street, Suite 2200
San Diego, CA 92101
Brook Taylor Barnes is the leader of Procopio’s Hospitality Industry Group. He represents employers in all aspects of labor and employment litigation including claims for improper wage deductions, failure to pay wages, failure to pay overtime wages, failure to provide meal periods and rest breaks, misclassification of employees, inaccurate wage statements, commission calculations, wrongful termination, Private Attorneys General Act (“PAGA”) claims, class actions, and retaliatory and discriminatory employment actions.
- The Best Lawyers in America® Ones To Watch 2021-present (Litigation-Labor and Employment)
- San Diego Super Lawyers®, Rising Stars 2017-2021 (Employment Litigation, Business Litigation)
- San Diego Business Journal's "Best of the Bar 2015", Business and Employment
- Baseball Coach for La Costa Youth Organization
- California Western Appellate Team Coach
- JD, California Western School of Law
- MA, Sam Houston State University, summa cum laude
- BS, Texas A&M University
- York, Tom. "Six Attorneys From San Diego Law Firm Procopio Elevated to Partner Status," Times of San Diego, January 11, 2021.
- Co-presenter. “Recent California Employment Law Developments,” Procopio Labor and Employment Virtual Seminar 2020, November 4, 2020.
- Co-presenter. “Tips For Protecting Yourself From Employment Litigation as a Result of COVID,” August 19, 2020.
- Co-presenter. "Return to Work: Employer Do's and Don'ts," presented to San Diego Chamber of Commerce, May 28, 2020.
- Co-presenter. “Facing the Unknown: Employer Guidance for Return to Work Issues,” May 18, 2020.
- Co-presenter. "Part 3 - Even More Answers to Employer's COVID-19 Questions," April 3, 2020.
- Co-presenter. “The Procopio Brief: Recent Legal Developments Affecting California Employers,” Procopio Labor and Employment Seminar 2018, San Diego, CA, November 8, 2018.
- "What A New COVID-19 Legal Order Means for San Diego County’s Hospitality Industry," December 17, 2020.
- "California Employers With More Than 500 Employees Must Now Provide Supplemental COVID-19 Paid Sick Leave To Employees - AB 1867," September 21, 2020.
- “The Governor’s Stay-At-Home Order Challenges California Employers,” March 24, 2020.
- Co-author. "Wage and Hour Win For Employers: The California Supreme Court Limits PAGA's Threat to Employers," September 13, 2019.