Alex G. Brizolis represents clients in various complex business and employment litigation matters. He has represented plaintiffs and defendants in actions for fraud, unfair competition, breach of contract, intentional interference, discrimination, and wrongful termination in state and federal courts and in arbitration. Alex also has extensive experience defending companies in class, collective and representative actions involving wage and hour, misclassification, consumer fraud and unfair business practice disputes. Alex is admitted to practice before all California state courts, all U.S. District Courts in California and the Ninth and Tenth Circuit Courts of Appeals.
- Obtained $26 million settlement as member of trial team in fraud, California False Claims Act and breach of contract litigation against multi-billion dollar foreign software company.
- Prepared all briefing on successful petition for writ of mandamus reinstating client’s right to a jury trial. In re County of Orange, 784 F.3d 520 (9th Cir. 2015), cert. denied 136 S.Ct. 808.
- Won binding arbitration compelling former officer to return trade secret and other materials to corporate client.
- Won binding arbitration award on motion to dismiss former employee’s lawsuit against national trucking company alleging various claims based upon intentional and negligent misrepresentation.
- Successfully defended private golf club against claims of sexual harassment and unlawful termination resulting in a favorable settlement.
- Successfully represented electronics company in defense of claims for unlawful termination and hostile work environment resulting in a nominal settlement.
- Successfully opposed writ of mandate petition demanding reinstatement of a terminated employee on behalf of public entity client.
- Represented client charged with vehicular manslaughter resulting in a dismissal of all charges.
- Southern California Super Lawyers® Rising Star, 2014-2018
- College Preparatory Middle School, Board of Directors
- Association of Business Trial Lawyers
- Barrister, American Inns of Court – Hon. William B. Enright Inn of Court
- San Diego County Bar Association
- JD, University of San Diego School of Law, 2008
- BA (Political Science), University of California Los Angeles, 2005