Procopio News and Events -- September 2018
In Procopio's September 2018 newsletter, we provide links to a number of informative articles, including:
- New regulatory relief for small-cap public companies;
- New obligations imposed on U.S. exporters that haven't yet been formally announced;
- How providing an employee wellness program could come with legal complications;
- Insight on increasing scrutiny of certain patent claims by courts and examiners;
- And useful tips on acquiring a trademark properly.
We also announce Procopio's success with the 2019 Best Lawyers in America accolades, with 27 of our attorneys in 26 areas of the law being named Best Lawyers, and two partners being named Lawyers of the year. And we continue our video series on Diversity and Inclusion with a new video featuring Korean immigrant and Procopio Partner Susan Daly.
The newsletter provides information on four upcoming events:
- A September 18 discussion in San Diego of how a recent court decision impacts the hiring of independent contractors;
- A September 26 workshop in Silicon Valley on how to maximize returns on your intellectual property portfolio;
- A September 27 open forum in El Centro on water quality challenges in the Imperial Valley;
- And Procopio's annual Labor & Employment Law seminar, which will be held in La Jolla on November 8.
And as always, we provide a wrap-up of social media highlights from the last month.
Procopio is an AmLaw 200 full-service business and litigation law firm committed to thoughtful problem solving and improving your bottom line. With more than 170 attorneys and offices in downtown San Diego, Del Mar Heights, Silicon Valley, Las Vegas and Phoenix, we’re passionate about knowing your business and helping you grow and protect it for the long term. Procopio has the flexible infrastructure to support both small to mid-sized companies and large multinationals at every stage of the business life cycle. Our global reach across Asia and Latin America further expands our international partnerships and cross border capabilities. At Procopio, we are focused on what is important to you–providing smart, innovative and practical solutions in a cost-effective manner to help your business thrive. Learn more at Procopio.com.
Media Contact: Patrick Ross
Senior Manager, Marketing and Communications