Procopio News and Events -- May 2018
May 2018 (San Diego): In Procopio's May 2018 newsletter, we provide links to a number of informative articles, including:
- 5 key ways benefits given by employees may be taxable, important information that if not followed properly could lead to significant penalties and violations of the law;
- Some important considerations you should take into account before pulling the trigger on your dream yacht;
- A new legal development in California that provides a new defense for companies being sued for wrongful termination; and
- New legal requirements for every K-12 school in California in terms of how they address immigration matters.
The newsletter also highlights two important upcoming events:
- A major biopharma conference June 9, 2018, in Del Mar featuring Partner Robert "Bob" Ramos; and
- A seminar June 13, 2018 in Palo Alto with Partner Noel Gillespie to help startups maximize their intellectual property assets.
And, as always, we provide a wrap-up of social media highlights from the last month, including articles by Procopio attorneys on non-traditional IPOs, legal changes impacting Native American Tribes, and Amazon's search for a second headquarters, as well as the announcement of a newly hired IP attorney and various philanthropic efforts.
Procopio is an AmLaw 200 full-service business and litigation law firm committed to thoughtful problem solving and improving your bottom line. With more than 170 attorneys and offices in downtown San Diego, Del Mar Heights, Silicon Valley, Las Vegas and Phoenix, we’re passionate about knowing your business and helping you grow and protect it for the long term. Procopio has the flexible infrastructure to support both small to mid-sized companies and large multinationals at every stage of the business life cycle. Our global reach across Asia and Latin America further expands our international partnerships and cross border capabilities. At Procopio, we are focused on what is important to you–providing smart, innovative and practical solutions in a cost-effective manner to help your business thrive. Learn more at Procopio.com.
Media Contact: Patrick Ross
Senior Manager, Marketing and Communications