Procopio News and Events -- June 2020
In Procopio's June 2020 newsletter, we provide links to ten timely articles and five webinar recordings addressing ongoing developments with COVID-19 and also other changes in the law.
Topics addressed in our COVID-19 articles and webinars include:
- Two articles detailing how the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office is extending certain patent deadlines and fast-tracking applications related to COVID-19;
- Two articles discussing concerns recipients of federal Paycheck Protection Program loans and how the U.S. Small Business Administration is addressing them;
- Two webinar recordings related to crafting contracts to avoid litigation stemming from COVID-19;
- A webinar recording on how to deal with an insurance company resisting payouts;
- Issues related to trade secrets, data privacy, and cybersecurity employers should be aware of when employees are working remotely; and
- Additonal articles regarding California, including an eviction moratorium and how employers may face workers' compensation claims for employees diagnosed with COVID-19.
Not everything happening in the field of law involves COVID-19, however. We also included articles on important legal developments, including:
- Key decisions in the U.S. Supreme Court, including a victory for trademark owners and one impacting challenges of EPA-approved environmental cleanup plans;
- New U.S. government restrictions on exports to Huawei;
- A key California Supreme Court decision related to PAGA suits; and
- Tips for entrepreneurs on selling their business.
We also include key news developments, including the launch of a new Procopio Perspectives podcast series, a video detailing our Intellectual Property Litigation practice, and other good-news items we've shared on social media in the last month.
Procopio is an AmLaw 200 full-service business and litigation law firm committed to thoughtful problem solving and improving your bottom line. With more than 170 attorneys based in San Diego, Del Mar Heights, Silicon Valley, Orange County, Las Vegas and Phoenix, we’re passionate about knowing your business and helping you grow and protect it for the long term. Procopio has the flexible infrastructure to support both small to mid-sized companies and large multinationals at every stage of the business life cycle. We’re a top firm for diversity among the AmLaw 200 and a Law360 Best Law Firm for Minority Attorneys. Our global reach across Asia, Europe and Latin America further expands our international partnerships and cross border capabilities. At Procopio, we are focused on what is important to you–providing smart, innovative and practical solutions in a cost-effective manner to help your business thrive. Learn more at Procopio.com.