Procopio News and Events -- June 2018
In Procopio's June 2018 newsletter, we provide links to a number of informative articles, including:
- The impact of a California Supreme Court decision on employers in the state who make use of independent contractors, as they will now bear the burden of a new test to make sure that classification is proper;
- How a U.S. Supreme Court decision empowers employers to more easily defend against costly wage and hour class and collective actions regarding mandatory arbitration agreements; and
- Key steps one should take--some in consultation with an attorney--before throwing yourself into the process of purchasing a luxury home.
The newsletter also highlights four important upcoming events:
- A major bio-pharma conference in Del Mar on June 9 with Partner Robert "Bob" Ramos on managing third-party intellectual property (IP);
- A seminar on IP fundamentals for start-ups on June 13 with Partner Noel Gillespie in our Silicon Valley office;
- A briefing on how to avoid liability with California's prevailing wage law on June 14 ith Partner Laurence Phillips in San Diego;
- And the latest on our annual USD-Procopio International Tax Institute October 31 to November 2 in San Diego.
And, as always, we provide a wrap-up of social media highlights (presentations, news coverage, charitable efforts, etc.) from the last month, including that Procopio is once again ranked as a Top Ten Firm for Diversity among AmLaw 200 firms.
Procopio is an AmLaw 200 full-service business and litigation law firm committed to thoughtful problem solving and improving your bottom line. With more than 170 attorneys and offices in downtown San Diego, Del Mar Heights, Silicon Valley, Las Vegas and Phoenix, we’re passionate about knowing your business and helping you grow and protect it for the long term. Procopio has the flexible infrastructure to support both small to mid-sized companies and large multinationals at every stage of the business life cycle. Our global reach across Asia and Latin America further expands our international partnerships and cross border capabilities. At Procopio, we are focused on what is important to you–providing smart, innovative and practical solutions in a cost-effective manner to help your business thrive. Learn more at Procopio.com.
Media Contact: Patrick Ross
Senior Manager, Marketing and Communications