Procopio News and Events -- August 2020
In Procopio's August 2020 newsletter, we highlight three articles and podcasts on breaking legal developments, including:
- A landmark U.S. Supreme Court decision related to trademarking generic domain names;
- Pending legislation in California that could benefit insurance policy owners seeking coverage for COVID-19 losses; and
- Thoughts on how Korean businesses in the United States can navigate the pandemic.
We also note an upcoming webinar on a possible new privacy law in California that could be even stricter than the California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA), and share recordings of other online events, including:
- A discussion of CCPA enforcement and avoiding litigation;
- What cybersecurity deficiencies could lead to liability; and
- Steps you can take to create an antiracist workforce.
The newsletter also contains a collection of news on attorney hires, accolades, volunteer work and more.
Procopio is an AmLaw 200 full-service business and litigation law firm committed to thoughtful problem solving and improving your bottom line. With more than 180 attorneys based in San Diego, Del Mar Heights, Silicon Valley, Orange County, Las Vegas and Phoenix, we’re passionate about knowing your business and helping you grow and protect it for the long term. Procopio has the flexible infrastructure to support both small to mid-sized companies and large multinationals at every stage of the business life cycle. We’re a top firm for diversity among the AmLaw 200 and a Law360 Best Law Firm for Minority Attorneys. Our global reach across Asia, Europe and Latin America further expands our international partnerships and cross border capabilities. At Procopio, we are focused on what is important to you–providing smart, innovative and practical solutions in a cost-effective manner to help your business thrive. Learn more at Procopio.com.