Procopio News and Events -- August 2018
In Procopio's August 2018 newsletter, we provide links to a number of informative articles, including:
- What employers need to know before permitting their employees to use personal electronic devices for work;
- Why patent owners still face significant risks before the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office's Patent Trial and Appeal Board despite some recent positive developments;
- How a new program in the City of San Diego could pay local companies to stay in town or relocate there;
- The first of a three-part series on making sure you file an intent-to-use trademark application correctly;
- Good news for owners of trademarks in the European Union post-Brexit;
- And how recent changes in California state law related to unions impact charter schools.
The newsletter also highlights upcoming events:
- An August 17 San Diego County Bar Association panel on legal ethics; and
- An August 22 seminar on intellectual property protection in our Silicon Valley office.
We also highlight the latest video in our diversity and inclusion series. This short video features Procopio Partner Adrian Martinez sharing his perspective as an immigrant from Mexico on why diversity and inclusion matters in the practice of law and at Procopio (you can find the video here).
And as always, we provide a wrap-up of social media highlights from the last month.
Procopio is an AmLaw 200 full-service business and litigation law firm committed to thoughtful problem solving and improving your bottom line. With more than 170 attorneys and offices in downtown San Diego, Del Mar Heights, Silicon Valley, Las Vegas and Phoenix, we’re passionate about knowing your business and helping you grow and protect it for the long term. Procopio has the flexible infrastructure to support both small to mid-sized companies and large multinationals at every stage of the business life cycle. Our global reach across Asia and Latin America further expands our international partnerships and cross border capabilities. At Procopio, we are focused on what is important to you–providing smart, innovative and practical solutions in a cost-effective manner to help your business thrive. Learn more at Procopio.com.
Media Contact: Patrick Ross
Senior Manager, Marketing and Communications