Procopio News and Events -- April 2019
In Procopio's April 2019 newsletter, we provide links to a number of informative articles, including:
- The importance for many companies of having a solid export control program to avoid fines and criminal charges;
- One method for startup CEOs to incentivize employees while conserving capital, known as a phantom equity plan; and
- A development in the federal courts impacting tribal nations and their ability to tax non-tribal licensees on reservations.
In firm news, we:
- We highlight the 26 Procopio attorneys named 2019 San Diego Super Lawyers;
- Introduce readers to our newest Management Committee Member, Partner Enrique Hernández-Pulido; and
- Feature a video with Parner, Labor and Employment Team Leader, Management Commtitee member and mother of six Marie Burke Kenny on worklife balance and professional development at Procopio.
We also highlight upcoming events for in-house counsel on preparing for and managing a cyber breach, and leveraging IP assets in the life sciences industry. And, as always we feature a roundup of other news and events we've featured on social media in the last month.