PODCAST: How to Best Protect Yourself When a Customer Files Bankruptcy
In this episode of our Procopio Perspectives podcast series, Partner Miku Mehta and Of Counsel William Smelko inform suppliers on defending against preference claw back claims in U.S Bankruptcy cases, where a customer may have filed for bankruptcy.
- Payment Matters: Get paid, don’t get behind.
- Payment Receipt Matters: Cash checks promptly.
- Timing Matters: Organize and Calendar dates of orders, shipments, invoicing and payment dates.
- Promptness Matters: Protect deliveries with a Purchase Money Security Interest.
- Attentiveness Matters: Do not ignore Letters from Bankruptcy Lawyers seeking return of allegedly preferential payments.
Please visit our Simplecast channel, where you can play or download the episode or subscribe through Apple, Spotify or Google.