Procopio News and Events - May 2020
In Procopio's May 2020 newsletter, we provide links to sixteen timely articles and four webinar recordings addressing ongoing developments with COVID-19 and also other changes in the law.
Topics addressed in our COVID-19 articles and webinars include:
- Implementation of the CARES Act Paycheck Protection Program and what that means for businesses;
- Ways to navigate conflicts over commercial contracts and prepare for possible litigation;
- Answers to important questions for companies looking to restructure or considering bankruptcy;
- Laws, emergency measures and court actions impacting landlords and tenants;
- Changes policymakers have implemented to assist health care providers;
- Adjustments made by the Internal Revenue Service and the U.S. Patent and Trademark Office to adjust to economic disruptions from the pandemic;
- and more.
Not everything happening in the field of law involves COVID-19, however. We also included articles on important legal developments, including:
- A U.S. Supreme Court decision impacting patent challenges;
- A U.S. Court of Appeals decision important to construction contracts;
- Reforms to trademark filing procedures;
- and new U.S. limits on exports to certain countries.
We also include key news developments, including the creation of a Procopio COVID-19 task force, a shoutout to our 19 attorneys named 2020 Super Lawyers or Rising Stars, and other good-news items we've shared on social media in the last month.
Procopio is an AmLaw 200 full-service business and litigation law firm committed to thoughtful problem solving and improving your bottom line. With more than 170 attorneys based in San Diego, Del Mar Heights, Silicon Valley, Orange County, Las Vegas and Phoenix, we’re passionate about knowing your business and helping you grow and protect it for the long term. Procopio has the flexible infrastructure to support both small to mid-sized companies and large multinationals at every stage of the business life cycle. We’re a Top Ten firm for diversity among the AmLaw 200 and a Law360 Best Law Firm for Minority Attorneys. Our global reach across Asia, Europe and Latin America further expands our international partnerships and cross border capabilities. At Procopio, we are focused on what is important to you–providing smart, innovative and practical solutions in a cost-effective manner to help your business thrive. Learn more at Procopio.com.