Robin Madaffer brings years of experience representing mixed-use, residential, retail, office and industrial real estate developers.
Ms. Madaffer advises on all aspects of the land use entitlement process, due diligence, development feasibility, permitting, the Subdivision Map Act, the Coastal Act, the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), regulatory compliance, processing, community outreach, and implementation. Ms. Madaffer goes above and beyond to provide the most knowledgeable and practical legal counsel to help her clients make informed decisions about their real estate ventures. She also believes in investing in the community and is a frequent speaker, teacher, and author on land use and real estate matters.
In addition to her practice, Ms. Madaffer is an adjunct professor at California Western School of Law, where she teaches Land Use and Environmental Regulation. She also teaches Land Use Entitlements at the University of San Diego as part of the Masters of Real Estate program and serves as a judge for the Moot Court Competitions for both the University of San Diego School of Law and California Western School of Law. Ms. Madaffer serves on the Executive Committee and is Second Vice-Chair of the Downtown San Diego Partnership, and is past chair of the Urban Land Institute San Diego-Tijuana.
- Lead counsel entitling a $1billion renovation of a retail, mixed-use center in University City.
- Lead counsel entitling a multi-million dollar renovation of a retail, mixed use center in North San Diego County.
- Lead counsel entitling Master Plan for major healthcare campus in La Jolla.
- Downtown San Diego Partnership – Second Vice Chair
- Lambda Alpha International – Member
- San Diego Homeless Leadership Team – Chair
- Community Housing Works – Board of Directors
- YWCA San Diego – Member
- Building Industry Association – Legislative Committee
- National Association of Industrial Office Properties – Legislative Committee
- The Mark Condominium Association – Rules Committee Chair
- JD, California Western School of Law, 2000
- BA, University of Nevada, Las Vegas, 1995