12544 High Bluff Drive, Suite 300
San Diego, CA 92130
Noel C. Gillespie, who sits on the Management Committee, advises clients on strategic patent portfolio development and implementation to protect their technology and achieve their business objectives. Noel's practice focuses on emerging growth and technology, intellectual property counseling, medical technology, patent prosecution and counseling, trademarks and copyrights. He has extensive experience working with telecommunications companies, especially wireless telecommunications companies, wireless health, health information technology, medical devices, clean tech, and software and Internet companies.
- The Daily Transcript's Top Attorneys, 2009-2010 (IP Transactional)
- American Bar Association
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- Association of Corporate Counsel, San Diego Chapter – Clean Tech Sub Group Liaison
- BIOCOM – Medical Device Group Co-Chair
- CommNexus – Wireless Healthcare SIG Co-Chair
- San Diego Volunteer Law Program – HIV/AIDS Legal Clinic Volunteer
- The San Diego Intellectual Property Law Association
- The State Bar of California
- JD, University of San Diego School of Law, cum laude
- BS (Electrical Engineering), San Diego State University
- "SVForum Health Tech Conference," DJCline, May 16, 2012.
- Thomas, Gregory. “Inventor Behind Patents In Ringback-Tone Lawsuits: ‘I Don’t Know The Details, I Just Invent Shit,’” The Patent Examiner, November 3, 2011.
- Panelist. "Dealing with IOT Data - Security, Privacy and Ownership," The Silent Intelligence, San Diego, CA, February 25, 2015.
- Panelist. “Local Company Delivers A Partnering Pitch,” The Tenth Annual Biotechnology Entrepreneurship Boot Camp, San Diego, CA, June 23, 2014.
- “Advancements in Wireless Health: What the Future Holds,” CommNexus Healthcare Communications SIG, San Diego, CA, February 12, 2013.
- “Revolutionizing the Practice of Medicine: a look at how MD Revolution and its technology partners have created the medical practice of the future, today,” CommNexus Healthcare Communications SIG, San Diego, CA, June 19, 2012.
- “Traps for the Unwary in Licensing, Collaboration and Strategic Partnerships,” Procopio and SV Forum, Palo Alto, CA, June 13, 2012.
- “Creating Value with Patents: How to Develop a Patent Portfolio and Strategy That Effectively Communicates the Company’s Value to Investors, Partners and Competitors,” Procopio and SV Forum, Palo Alto, CA, June 13, 2012.
- “IP & Employment Matters - Common, Costly Mistakes for Start-up Entrepreneurs to Avoid,” Procopio and SV Forum, Palo Alto, CA, May 22, 2012.
- "The Changing Investment Landscape & Business Models in Health: Latest Trends & How Innovators can Create Value and Differentiate," SV Forum Health Tech Conference: New Technologies & Business Models for Health, Redwood City, CA, May 16, 2012.
- “M2M Opportunities and Challenges in Healthcare,” CommNexus Healthcare Communications SIG, San Diego, CA, March 3, 2012.
- “Personalized Medicine: How Genomics and Wireless Technologies are Making Healthcare More Predictive, Preventive, Personalized and Participatory,” CommNexus Healthcare Communications SIG, San Diego, CA, January 24, 2012.