As Managing Partner, Tom serves as the firm’s chief executive and chairs the Management Committee. Formerly the leader of the firm’s Real Estate Team, he actively maintains his broad-based commercial real estate transactional practice, which includes office, multi-family, industrial, technology, healthcare, retail, resort and mixed-use projects. He has handled the acquisition, disposition and exchange of extensive income property of all types, and assisted in the planning and development of a wide range of commercial projects. He has also facilitated the transfer of thousands of acres of raw land and addressed extensive related development and environmental issues. Tom has been involved in forming and advising scores of real estate partnerships and LLC’s, negotiating and restructuring various forms of real estate secured financing and resolving a wide range of real property oriented disputes and loan workouts. He has had a particular emphasis on commercial leasing matters, from the perspective of both landlords and tenants, including many of the largest transactions in the region. He has a strong background in healthcare facilities, including medical office buildings, and high tech, biotech and biomedical, having represented dozens of such companies in their facilities transactions. Tom was previously a partner in the real estate department of Brobeck, Phleger and Harrison.
- Completed sale of local hotel for rebranding by national chain.
- Tenant lease representation for scores of major technology clients.
- Representation of developer in the acquisition and redevelopment of mixed-use hospital project.
- Handling of purchase/sale and financing of major golf/tennis resort.
- Major leasing work for the owner of San Diego's largest Class A office building.
- Hundreds of leases for national office/industrial owners.