Michael C. Jones prepares and prosecutes application relating to semi-conductor, electrical, and mechanical arts. Such work has included applications in the areas of display devices, medical imaging, image processing, tire technology, and sports equipment. Mr. Jones has experience prosecuting applications directed to network and database management software, network infrastructure, multimedia distribution systems, memory storage devices, data encryption/decryption, mobile communications, semi-conductor devices, and MEMS devices. He experienced with VoIP, GSM, IP Multicast, and GPS technologies. He also has experience drafting applications in the fields of image processing, video archiving, medical diagnostic equipment, industrial processing equipment, and hard disk drives.
Prior to joining Procopio, Mr. Jones was an associate at Sughrue Mion, PLLC. He has prior experience designing and manufacturing MEMS devices using nano-fabrication techniques and developing micro-sensors for detecting chemicals and explosives.
- JD, DePaul University College of Law, 2007
- BS (Mechanical Engineering), University of Nevada, Reno, 2004
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
Recent News Coverage
- Frisch, Randy. “The Business of Law,” San Diego Business Journal, December 17, 2012.
- Sherwin, Doug. “Law Briefs,” The Daily Transcript, November 28, 2012.
- Scurria, Andrew. “Procopio Hires 5 IP Pros to Plant Flag in Silicon Valley,” Law 360, November 27, 2012.
- “Procopio adds 5 Silicon Valley attorneys,” The Daily Transcript, November 26, 2012.
- “Procopio Continues to Grow – Expands in Silicon Valley," Legal Netlink Alliance, November 26, 2012.
- “Procopio Continues to Grow, Expands in Silicon Valley,” Procopio Press Release, November 26, 2012.
Recent Seminars and Speeches
- “Yale ET AL., The Emeritus Clinical-Researcher Program,” 110 Wisconsin Medical Journal 117, June 2011.
- “How the AIA Changes Novelty and the New Grace Period,” Prosecution Bootcamp, IP Counsel Café, Palo Alto, CA, 2012.