Louis Diep’s practice focuses on the preparation and prosecution of patent applications in the areas of computer, electrical, electronic, Internet-related technologies, mechanical arts, and software. Mr. Diep has experience preparing and prosecuting applications directed to client-server infrastructure, computer memory, database, Internet-related technologies, mechanical arts, multimedia software, semiconductor, and user interface. He has also assisted companies in the preparation and prosecution of trademark applications, software licensing, including open-source licenses and patent portfolio monetization.
Prior to joining Procopio, Mr. Diep was an associate at Sughrue Mion PLLC and a patent examiner at the USPTO, where he examined patent applications in the Computer Architecture and Software Technology Center.
- Graduate Certificate (Electrical Engineering), Santa Clara University
- JD, Santa Clara Law, High Tech Law Certificate in Corporate Transactions
- Studied (World IP Law, WTO’s TRIP Agreement, Chinese IP Laws, Chinese Legal System, Foreign Direct Investment in China), Tsinghua University, School of Law, Beijing, People’s Republic of China
- BS (Computer Science), University of California, Santa Barbara
- American Intellectual Property Law Association
- American Bar Association
- Silicon Valley Intellectual Property Law Association
- Amateur Radio Operator and Past Emergency Services First Responder
- Junior Achievement – Past Teacher Consultant
Recent News Coverage
- Frisch, Randy. “The Business of Law,” San Diego Business Journal, December 17, 2012.
- Sherwin, Doug. “Law Briefs,” The Daily Transcript, November 28, 2012.
- Scurria, Andrew. “Procopio Hires 5 IP Pros to Plant Flag in Silicon Valley,” Law 360, November 27, 2012.
- “Procopio adds 5 Silicon Valley attorneys,” The Daily Transcript, November 26, 2012.
- “Procopio Continues to Grow – Expands in Silicon Valley," Legal Netlink Alliance, November 26, 2012.
- “Procopio Continues to Grow, Expands in Silicon Valley,” Procopio Press Release, November 26, 2012.
- “A Look Inside the USPTO – The Realities of Obtaining and Enforcing Patents,” Vietnamese American Bar Association of Northern California, Menlo Park, CA, October 15, 2013.
- “Patent Prosecution - A Former Patent Examiner's Perspective,” IP Counsel Café, Palo Alto, CA, April 2012.
- “What Engineers and Scientists Need to Know about Patents,” School of Engineering, Santa Clara University, 2008.