Johnny’s practice encompasses civil and business litigation with an emphasis on construction matters.
Prior to joining Procopio, Johnny practiced intellectual property and general corporate law with an emphasis in technology transactions and licensing initiatives. Previously, he served as corporate counsel for a privately held online educational service provider and focused his legal efforts on general corporate matters, licensing initiatives, and intellectual property strategy. Johnny also served as patent intern for Biogen IDEC Pharmaceuticals, a leader in monoclonal anti-antibody therapies.
Before law school, Johnny worked full-time as a laboratory analyst for one of the largest water quality control plants in Southern California.
- Charged with developing and implementing a large scale e-discovery protocol (over 17 terabytes of data) for the firm’s complex commercial litigation team on a $8.5B development project
- Generated an integrative and systematic approach for the document review process in order to successfully prepare for over 150 volumes of deposition witnesses;
- Prepared deposition questions and related exhibits;
- Evaluated, prepared, and selected 17,000 exhibits to be used at trial;
- Prepared and selected testimony excerpts from 300 deposition volumes resulting in 2,000 objections submitted
- Drafted private placement memorandums, general corporate formations and related filings, corporate bylaws, resolutions, etc. for high tech and traditional business clients.
- Represented mobile application companies in negotiating software development agreements, software use agreements, and collaboration agreements with Fortune 500 Companies.
- Conducted due diligence and patent assessments for technology clients acquiring competitor’s IP assets.
- Drafted licensing agreements, memoranda on technology transfer agreements, responses to patent examiners’ objections, and requests for information in patent applications for San Diego based pharmaceutical company.