Procopio News and Events -- May 2018
May 2018 (San Diego): In Procopio's May 2018 newsletter, we provide links to a number of informative articles, including:
- 5 key ways benefits given by employees may be taxable, important information that if not followed properly could lead to significant penalties and violations of the law;
- Some important considerations you should take into account before pulling the trigger on your dream yacht;
- A new legal development in California that provides a new defense for companies being sued for wrongful termination; and
- New legal requirements for every K-12 school in California in terms of how they address immigration matters.
The newsletter also highlights two important upcoming events:
- A major biopharma conference June 9, 2018, in Del Mar featuring Partner Robert "Bob" Ramos; and
- A seminar June 13, 2018 in Palo Alto with Partner Noel Gillespie to help startups maximize their intellectual property assets.
And, as always, we provide a wrap-up of social media highlights from the last month, including articles by Procopio attorneys on non-traditional IPOs, legal changes impacting Native American Tribes, and Amazon's search for a second headquarters, as well as the announcement of a newly hired IP attorney and various philanthropic efforts.