Procopio News and Events -- June 2018
In Procopio's June 2018 newsletter, we provide links to a number of informative articles, including:
- The impact of a California Supreme Court decision on employers in the state who make use of independent contractors, as they will now bear the burden of a new test to make sure that classification is proper;
- How a U.S. Supreme Court decision empowers employers to more easily defend against costly wage and hour class and collective actions regarding mandatory arbitration agreements; and
- Key steps one should take--some in consultation with an attorney--before throwing yourself into the process of purchasing a luxury home.
The newsletter also highlights four important upcoming events:
- A major bio-pharma conference in Del Mar on June 9 with Partner Robert "Bob" Ramos on managing third-party intellectual property (IP);
- A seminar on IP fundamentals for start-ups on June 13 with Partner Noel Gillespie in our Silicon Valley office;
- A briefing on how to avoid liability with California's prevailing wage law on June 14 ith Partner Laurence Phillips in San Diego;
- And the latest on our annual USD-Procopio International Tax Institute October 31 to November 2 in San Diego.
And, as always, we provide a wrap-up of social media highlights (presentations, news coverage, charitable efforts, etc.) from the last month, including that Procopio is once again ranked as a Top Ten Firm for Diversity among AmLaw 200 firms.