Procopio News and Events -- April 2018
April 2018 (San Diego): In Procopio's April 2018 newsletter, we provide links to a number of informative articles, including:
- The alarming fact that many U.S. individuals holding stock in foreign companies might be facing a big tax bill due to recent U.S. tax reform;
- How that same reform to the U.S. tax code is causing some corporate owners to rethink the structure of their businesses;
- Information on a recent California Supreme Court decision that is requiring some employers to pay more for overtime work; and
- The possible ways in which President Trump's solar panel tariffs may impact California businesses and regulators.
The newsletter also contains information on two upcoming events:
- An April 11 roundtable in Del Mar Heights on how some life sciences firms may find trade secrets a more alluring path for protecting their innovation than more conventional approaches such as patents; and
- An April 12 discussion with the Sino-America Biotechnology and Pharmaceutical Professional Association for life sciences entrepreneurs on licensing their intellectual property.
And as always, we provide a consise round-up of social media postings, including the news of two new attorney hires, and nearly sixty of our attorneys being ranked in a peer-voted survey as among the best in San Diego.
Procopio is an AmLaw 200 full-service business and litigation law firm committed to thoughtful problem solving and improving your bottom line. With more than 170 attorneys and offices in downtown San Diego, Del Mar Heights, Silicon Valley, Las Vegas and Phoenix, we’re passionate about knowing your business and helping you grow and protect it for the long term. Procopio has the flexible infrastructure to support both small to mid-sized companies and large multinationals at every stage of the business life cycle. Our global reach across Asia and Latin America further expands our international partnerships and cross border capabilities. At Procopio, we are focused on what is important to you–providing smart, innovative and practical solutions in a cost-effective manner to help your business thrive. Learn more at Procopio.com.
Media Contact: Patrick Ross
Senior Manager, Marketing and Communications