Appellate Law Services
Our Appellate attorneys provide specialized services in both state and federal trial and appellate courts, and are certified by the State Bar of California Board of Legal Specialization as Appellate Specialists.
Our appellate attorneys offer clients distinct advantages at all stages of litigation. In addition to being well-versed in the preparation of writs, appellate briefs and all manner of appellate motions, our attorneys are available to provide real time advice at the trial stage to ensure the most advantageous record is preserved for appeal, or to immediately challenge interlocutory orders during critical stages of litigation.
Our rich experience in appellate law provides a substantial value-added benefit for any litigation client involved in trial court proceedings that may result in appellate review, as well as for clients who seek our counsel after judgment has been entered. In either case, we work closely with, or independently of, trial counsel, according to the client’s preference.
Experts in Persuasive Written and Oral Advocacy
Our Appellate attorneys are highly skilled in brief-writing and oral argument. Each attorney gained experience working with a state or federal judge and then honed his or her skills in legal analysis, persuasive writing and oral argument as general litigators. Having themselves tried cases from start to finish, our attorneys have firsthand experience effectively distilling the massive amounts of information generated in the trial court.
Extensive Experience at the Appellate Court Level
Presenting the appropriate facts, issues and law to the court of appeals from the voluminous trial and pretrial records is a unique discipline that requires specialized skill and specific insight into appellate procedures and substantive law. We have handled appeals covering nearly every area of practice and take pride in responding to our clients’ needs and the appellate courts’ demands.
We’ve filed briefs or presented oral arguments in the following appellate courts:
- U.S. Supreme Court
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Second Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fifth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- California Supreme Court
- California Court of Appeal, Fourth Appellate District (San Diego, Santa Ana, Riverside)
- California Court of Appeal, Third Appellate District (Sacramento)
- California Court of Appeal, Second Appellate District (Los Angeles, Ventura)
- California Court of Appeal, First Appellate District (San Francisco)
- California Court of Appeal, Sixth Appellate District (San Jose)