Sarah Kikla Rosen counsels clients in a broad range of real estate development, construction and finance transactions. Sarah’s practice focuses on representing lenders and developers concerning construction, financing and sale of commercial office, residential and mixed-use development projects, hotels and casinos, and energy projects. She is experienced in drafting and negotiating purchase and sale agreements, commercial leases, credit agreements and other financial documentation for a wide array of projects, both in the United States and abroad.
- Represents various lending institutions, as underwriters, administrative agents and lenders, in drafting and negotiating loan and security documents and conducting real estate diligence and negotiating title policies for the financing, construction and development of projects in various parts of the United States and abroad.
- Represents residential multi-family apartment and condominium developer in the acquisition and development of new properties across the U.S. and the negotiation of construction loan documentation and joint venture arrangements.
- Represented real estate investment trust in negotiations for a sale-leaseback transaction to acquire hospitals and medical office buildings.
- Represented California-based company in the sale of six parcels of land in downtown San Diego to various developers for residential and commercial projects and the performance of its obligations under its development agreement with the City of San Diego.
- Represented non-profit corporation in acquisition of land, construction and financing of new senior housing facility, including tax exempt financing through the California Enterprise Development Authority.
- Represented a solar project developer in the negotiation of lease and power purchase agreements to construct, lease and operate solar projects on host/owner’s properties.
- American Bar Association
- California Bar Association
- National Charity League – Grade Level Advisor
- JD, UC Berkeley School of Law, 1995
- BS (Mathematics-Applied), University of California, Los Angeles, cum laude, 1992
- "Construction, Development, Associated Environmental Issues & Financing," IMN 2nd Annual Real Estate General Counsel’s Forum (West), Dana Point, CA, May 13-14, 2013
- “Selecting the Best Facility Financing Source for Your Charter School,” 19th Annual Charter Schools Conference, Sacramento, CA, February 27-March 1, 2012