Robert G. Russell counsels clients on environmental matters. Bob’s practice focuses on such matters in California and Nevada. He has extensive experience in representing numerous landowners, developers and business operators in matters involving contamination and permitting issues.
- Represents a major developer in connection with acquisition and development of a former military base in San Diego.
- Represents owners, buyers and developers of numerous environmentally impacted residential and commercial property developments throughout San Diego County and Southern Nevada.
- Represents owners of shopping center properties impacted by releases of solvents from dry cleaning operations.
- Represented an East County property owner in proceedings before the Water Board to achieve rescission of a cleanup order issued by local officials at the well-known Lucy May Carender site.
- Represents business and property owners in a variety of matters involving underground storage tank problems and claims to the California Underground Storage Tank Cleanup Fund.
- Represents business and property owners in connection with all types of insurance coverage issues.
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent Rating
- San Diego Magazine’s San Diego's Top Environmental Lawyers
- "San Diego Super Lawyers®," Super Lawyers Magazine, 2007-2015 (Environmental)
- Southern California's Top Rated Lawyers - 2012-2015
- “Top Lawyers,” San Diego Magazine, 2013-2018
- “Southern California Super Lawyers,” Super Lawyers Magazine, Southern California 2013-2014
- Goodwill Industries of San Diego County – Board of Directors, First Vice-Chair of the Board
- San Diego Rotary Club – Secretary/Treasurer (2014-2015), President (2017-2018), Board of Directors (Present)
- San Diego Rotary Club Foundation – Chair of the Board (2018)
- JD, University of San Diego School of Law, magna cum laude, 1975
- BA, Rice University, 1968
- Sarah de Crescenzo.“Procopio Ushers in Leadership Changes in New Year,” San Diego Business Journal, January 3, 2018.
- “Environmental Legislative & Judicial Update," San Diego Environmental Professionals, February 2008-2013.