Mary V. J. Cataldo advises clients on a variety of complex civil litigation matters. Mary’s practice focuses on litigation, trust and estates litigation. She is experienced in fiduciary and surcharge actions and financial abuse.
- Obtained judgment in quiet title action between tenants in common in the amount of $214,246.17.
- Obtained $2M default Judgment on behalf of Trustee against former Trustee for bad faith and elder financial abuse.
- Obtained judgment defeating attack on Trust by former spouse alleging she was entitled to a share of the Trust as a pretermitted spouse.
- Assisted in complex breach of fiduciary duty and surcharge action against Trustee, involving extensive recreation of documentary history and accounting information, resulting in judgment in excess of $3M.
- James Pfeiffer Award, Conference of California Bar Associations, 2016
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent Rating
- "Top Lawyers,” San Diego Magazine, 2014-2018
- Lawyers Club of San Diego North County Chapter Community Service Award, 2012
- North County Bar Association “Attorney of the Year,” 2006
- Conference of California Bar Associations - Board of Directors (2017-2020)
- American Bar Association
- North County Bar Association – Director (2003-2005, 2007-2009), President (2010)
- San Diego County Bar Association
- San Diego Volunteer Lawyer Program – Board of Directors
- JD, Western State University College of Law, 1994
- BA, The University of Arizona, with honors, 1975
- “SDVLP adds 2 new board members,” The Daily Transcript, March 27, 2014.
- Presenter. “Up, Up & Away: Going Paperless in the Cloud.” Career & Technology Conference, San Diego Paralegal Association, October 13, 2018.