Jacob C. Reinbolt counsels clients in intellectual property, computer software law, Internet law, advertising, corporate and securities law, and mergers and acquisitions. Jacob’s intellectual property practice includes the protection, acquisition, and infringement of patents, trademarks, copyrights, and trade secrets. His computer and Internet law practices encompass computer software development and licensing, data mining and analytics, open source, privacy, and electronic transactions. Jacob’s advertising practice involves counseling and litigation regarding the false and misleading standard of the federal Lanham Act. His corporate, securities, mergers, and acquisitions practices include the formation, operation, and ownership transfers of all forms and types of businesses.
- Has extensive patent, trademark, copyright and trade secret protection and litigation practice.
- Represents numerous software developers, licensors, and licensees, and all types of high technology companies, in development, technical assistance, support, enhancement, distribution, OEM, VAR, escrow and marketing agreements.
- Has extensive Internet and Web 2.0 law practice, including preparation of all agreements for Web site development and use, access, services, licensing and electronic commerce, domain name disputes and joint ventures.
- Has sophisticated licensing practice for all types of licensable subject matter.
- Litigates patent, trademark and copyright infringement, trade secret misappropriation, unfair competition, the rights of publicity and privacy and defamation (libel and slander).
- Prepares private placement memoranda for raising capital in compliance with Regulation D and other private offering exemptions.
- Engages in angel and venture capital investment transactions.
- Represents buyers and sellers in mergers and acquisitions.
- Creates sophisticated business plans and structures (C and S corporations, limited liability companies and partnerships).
- Represented NYSE, American Stock Exchange and NASDAQ-listed companies in offerings of stock and convertible debentures.
- AmLaw Top Rated Lawyer in Intellectual Property Law, 2018
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent Rating
- "Top Lawyers," San Diego Magazine, 2013-2018
- San Diego Magazine’s Top Four Intellectual Property Attorneys in San Diego – 1996
- San Diego Super Lawyers® – 2007, 2009-2010 (Intellectual Property)
- The Daily Transcript’s Top 10 Intellectual Property Transactional Attorneys in San Diego – 2006
- J.D., The University of Michigan Law School, 1984
- B.S., (Economics and Finance), Miami University, magna cum laude, 1981
- Jake has published over 40 articles and manuscripts on intellectual property, licensing, corporate law, computer law, advertising and Internet Law, including Chapter 2 ("The Business Plan") and Chapter 12 ("Intellectual Property Protection") of the California Continuing Education of the Bar's 3-volume Financing & Protecting California Businesses, published in 1997, 1999 and 2001-2007.