Cupcake Brown is an attorney on Procopio's Labor and Employment Law team, counseling employers on a wide range of legal matters.
- University Of San Francisco School of Law’s Judge Harold J. Haley Award for Exceptional Distinction in Scholarship, Character and Activities
- San Diego State University’s Distinguished Alumni Award
- San Diego State University School of Public Affairs’ 50 outstanding alumni of the past 50 years
- Suze Orman’s Books for a Better Life Award
- Black Caucus of the American Library Association’s Literary Award for Nonfiction
- San Diego Kumba Fest Award for Black Family, Power and Spirit
- San Diego Black Girl’s Rock Living Legend Award
- Juris Doctorate, University of San Francisco School of Law, Honors, May 2001, Academic Honors 1998-2000
- Bachelor of Science, Criminal Justice, San Diego State University, magna cum laude, 1998
- Associates of Arts, Liberal, San Diego City Community College, Honors, 1995
The New York Times, The San Francisco Chronicle, The Oakland Tribune, The San Jose Mercury News, The San Diego-Union Tribune, Entertainment Weekly, New York Lawyer, California Lawyer, and “O” Magazine.
Cupcake Brown is the author of The New York Times bestselling memoir “A Piece of Cake.”